September 21, 2010

Janette Oke, Motherhood and Organization


When I was a teenager I devoured pretty much every book Janette Oke wrote. I loved the simplicity of the prairie life, the way the characters related to one another and of course the cleaning and organizing!

She wrote of everyday mundane things as meaningful tasks. I always loved it when one of her characters moved into a new home and how she described the simple things of organizing and cleaning.

Now that I'm older and have almost finished raising my kids I see how much she influenced me through her books. Her stories helped me take a greater joy in cleaning and organizing my home and spending quality time with my husband and kids. She truly honored women who spent their lives taking care of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )