July 8, 2011

5 books on my future reading list

We Shall See God

First of all I found a new devotional and excited for it to come in the mail! It's called "We shall see God: Charles Spurgeons classic devotional thoughts on heaven" compiled by Randy Alcorn.

Today there is so much talk of heaven, some biblical and some not so biblical. So I'm looking forward to studying with Charles Spurgeon and Randy Alcorn, two men I trust on the subject of heaven. This book has just come out.






 

The Messenger

Secondly, I'm looking forward to reading "The Messenger" by Siri Mitchell. Siri is one of my favorite christian fiction authors and her books can't come out fast enough! She writes like no one else. Her style is unique and sometimes takes a bit of time to get use to, but so worth it.

This book is about a Quaker girl who is put in a situation that could compromise her faith. It comes out in March 2012.








The Discovery

Thirdly, I'm excited to read "The Discovery" by Dan Walsh. I have never read anything by him and love to find new authors. The story line and cover of this book got me interested.

It's about a writer who passes away and leaves his grandson, who is also a writer, his estate. He discovers a manuscript written about Nazi spies and sabotage, but as he continues to read he sees its also a love story. The cover of this book is so beautiful. I'll have to wait till Apr. 2012 though.






 
Love on the Line

Fourthly, I can't wait to read Deeanne Gist new book, "Love on the Line" She is one of those writers who's books I love from the first page to the last and have a hard time putting down.

I love the historical details and humor in her books. This one looks like another good one. It comes out in October.



A Passion for God

Lastly I'd love to read "A passion for God: the spiritual journey of A. W. Tozer" by Lyle Dorsett. This biography looks good and a quick read, under 200 pages. I've only read one of Tozer's books, 'The Pursuit of God', which Tozer describes as...

"a modest attempt to aid God's hungry children so to find Him. Nothing here is new except in the sense that it is a discovery which my own heart has made of spiritual realities most delightful and wonderful to me. Others before me have gone much farther into these holy mysteries than I have done, but if my fire is not large it is yet real, and there may be those who can light their candle at its flame."

The Pursuit of God was a wonderful book and I'm looking forward to reading more about him in this one. It was released back in 2008.

7 comments:

  1. Deeanne Gist is also one of my favorites! That's on my "must-read" for fall too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her books are so fun to read. Glad you stopped by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great books. I haven't seen the cover for Deanne Gist's new book until now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer - Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great list of books, Cathy! I have Deeanne's book on my list, as well; she's an amazing author! I've read two of her books, and enjoyed them very much. I also read Dan Walsh's first book, The Unfinished Gift -- very good!

    I look forward to hearing how you like these books.

    Sweet Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Cathy!

    Thank you for inviting me to check out your blog--it's quite lovely! :) And thank you for becoming a follower of my blog.

    This is a great list--I'm also looking forward to Siri's latest! And I have one of Dan Walsh's books on my TBR stack. His upcoming book looks really neat! :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michelle and Amber! Happy you ladies stop by too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )