January 10, 2012

New Year, New Devotional


I'd been looking for a new devotional for 2012 and a fellow blogger suggested "Streams in the Desert" by  L.B. Cowman. So I  decided to pick it up and give it a try it. I was a little reluctant, as I'd never heard of L.B. Cowman before.

In 2010 I read through Oswald Chamber's "My Utmost for His Highest" and really enjoyed it. Reading through the introduction of "Streams in the Desert" I discovered this author was friends with Chambers! L.B. and her husband Charles, met him in Japan where they were missionaries and where Chambers had traveled to preach. This has got me excited about this new devotional.

It's full of complied devotions from scripture, poems and quotes from notable men and women of God. I'm only a few days in and I'm already being blessed and encouraged by this book. I'm thankful for this great suggestion and look forward to reading it through 2012.



3 comments:

  1. these are by far my favorite types of books to read...they make me think and I think become a better person....I alternate between classic then religious...have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love it! I have the old version. I've read it for years and it is falling apart. I wouldn't be without it! May it bless you as much as it has me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm really enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )