August 6, 2012

The One True God

This is a study on God.

Paul Washer has put together a wonderful study on who God is. I'm almost finished this and have learnt so much from it. Every section makes you dive into Scripture, requires you to read countless verses, and brings you closer to God and who He is.

You can not do this study without your Bible! I've never looked up so much Scripture before! I love how I can now see more clearly how the Lord uses all Scripture to reveal Himself to us.

How blessed we are to have the Bible so readily available. It's such a precious gift.

This is also a great study for beginners of theology because it is simply laid out and consists mostly of searching the scriptures and writing them down. No hard questions to stump you or discourage you from continuing!

It includes 14 chapters on the attributes of God:

1.  God is One
2.  God is Spirit
3.  God is Great and Perfect
4.  God is Eternal, Self-Existent, and Immutable
5.  God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient
6.  God is Holy
7.  God is Righteous
8.  God is True and Truthful
9.  God is Faithful
10. God is Love
11. God is Creator and Sustainer
12. God is Lord Over All
13. God is Lawgiver and Judge
14. The Names of God

Here are a few photos I took inside the study. First from chapter 9: 'God is Faithful' and then from chapter 8: 'God is True and Truthful.'

Sorry about my messy writing! :)















3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that it's a workbook! I may have to go out and get it--I've been wanting a good book to go along with a Bible study, and this sounds PERFECT. :-) The pics really help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed it and love how the author brings all these verses together in each chapter, which helps to see and understand God's different attributes.

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great resource to have on hand and learn from. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )