September 29, 2012

Letters from my Compassion Children

Blog month is coming to an end at Compassion International and we've been asked to write a poem or letter from the point of view of a sponsored child. I've been putting this off because, well...I'm just not the greatest writer. (I'll leave that to the professionals) : )

So instead I thought I'd share some real letters from my sponsored children, whose letters have blessed me tremendously.


Both my sponsored children are from Columbia. Juan is now 17 years old and Hilary is now 10 years old.

A letter from Hilary:

Dear Mrs. Cathy

I greet you in our God's and Savior's love. I want to tell you that I am grateful for all the love, affection and appreciation you give me through the project. There I feel well with my tutors and mates. I would like to ask you; how was your Christmas? Where did you go? I had a very good time with my family. We made trips with them, we went shopping and had great fun. I also want to give you a Bible text: Don't say, 'I will get even for this wrong.' Wait for the Lord to handle the matter. Proverbs 20:22. I ask you to pray for me. I will be praying for you. I say good-bye with love and kisses,

Hilary


A letter from Juan:

Dear Mrs. Cathy

I greet you in the Lord Jesus, hoping you and your family are in good health. How are you spending the vacations in July? In the project we are taking part in the soccer Olympiads, and I hope to win this year. What grade in school are your children doing? Here in the project we pray for all the sponsors who support us. My dad has been a bit sick lately; his pressure goes down and he has to be hospitalized. He also continues with sugar problems. Please pray for God to heal him and help him find a job. My sister Keyla plans to continue her studies; she wants to be a nurse because she likes taking care of people in need. Mom feels proud of us because we want to move forward and get ready for life. We have learnt most of this in the program; being here is such a huge blessing to me, and I owe it to you. You have supported me so I can be here. Give my regards to your children, and many hugs to you all. With affection,

Juan

Juan later wrote to me and let me know his father was doing much better! Praise God!

Compassion has almost reached there goal of sponsoring 3,108 children and as of yesterday, only need 412  more sponsors. Would you like to help fill this goal? You can click on the photo below to see children waiting to be sponsored or click HERE

Thanks!

             Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )